WEDDING PARTY QUICK TIPS
YOUR WEDDING PARTY
Your friends and family have celebrated your engagement and offered much-needed advice, but now it’s time for them to dig in and get to work. That’s right; your wedding party is more than just your loved ones looking good in tuxes and gowns. Help them to help you with this useful list of responsibilities, but keep in mind, these are just suggestions. Flexibility is key for all weddings.
MAID OF HONOR
- Prepares a list of what is needed on the wedding day and checks items off as they are accomplished.
- Organizes the bridal shower and the bridesmaids’ wedding attire, and helps bridesmaids know their ceremonial duties.
- Attends the rehearsal and all functions that take place before or after it.
- Reminds the bridesmaids about scheduled dress fittings.
- Holds the groom’s wedding ring until the appropriate time during the ceremony, when she exchanges it for the bride’s bouquet.
- Signs the wedding certificate as a legal witness, along with the best man.
- Helps the bride in arranging her veil and train at the altar.
- Organizes a pre-wedding party for the groom.
- Helps the groom dress and gets him to the ceremony on time.
- Makes sure the groom’s wedding-related expenses are prepared (clergy fee, for example).
- Makes sure the groom has the marriage license with him the day of the wedding.
- Witnesses the signing of the marriage certificate.
- Makes sure all groomsmen are properly dressed and in place on time.
- Helps welcome guests.
- Offers first toast to the bride and groom at reception.
- Takes care of (or returns if a rental) the groom’s wedding attire.
- Holds bride’s wedding ring during ceremony.
- Purchase and arrange fittings for wedding attire.
- Assist the bride with pre-wedding tasks and errands.
- Participate in a shower for the bride and attend rehearsal dinner.
- Participate in a party for the groom.
- Review any special seating situations with the best man before the ceremony begins.
- Greet guests upon their arrival.
- Dance with the bridesmaids and other guests at the reception.
- Coordinate return of rented apparel with best man.